Discover the South African Garden Route at your own pace. We invite you to go on this adventurous Garden Route self-drive safari from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth to explore this beautiful country independently as you drive through South Africa’s popular Garden Route. An adventurous 6 Day Garden Route self-drive safari through South Africa’s popular Garden Route, starting in Cape Town and ending in Port Elizabeth. This package includes your Avis car hire as mentioned in the itinerary, accommodation and meals as per itinerary. Breakfasts will be in restaurants at the various accommodation establishments.
Garden Route Self-drive Hilights:
- Port Elizabeth: Port Elizabeth, also known as “PE,” is a coastal city located in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa. It’s situated on the shores of Algoa Bay. Port Elizabeth is known for its beautiful beaches, such as Hobie Beach and King’s Beach. The city also boasts a rich cultural heritage, with museums like the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum and the Donkin Reserve, which offers panoramic views of the city.
- Tsitsikamma Forest: Tsitsikamma Forest is located in the Garden Route region of the Eastern Cape province, near Storms River. This lush and ancient indigenous forest is part of the larger Garden Route National Park. Visitors can explore its enchanting beauty by hiking along various trails, including the famous Otter Trail and the Suspension Bridge Trail. The Storms River Mouth area is also a popular spot for activities like kayaking, snorkeling, and bungee jumping.
- Knysna: Knysna is a coastal town situated in the Western Cape province, also along the Garden Route. Knysna is known for its picturesque setting on the Knysna Lagoon, which opens into the Indian Ocean. The Knysna Heads, two towering cliffs at the entrance to the lagoon, are a famous natural attraction. The town is renowned for its oysters and seafood. Visitors can also explore the Knysna Forest, take boat trips on the lagoon, and enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and mountain biking.
- Oudtshoorn: Oudtshoorn is a town located in the Western Cape, often referred to as the “ostrich capital of the world.” Oudtshoorn is known for its ostrich farms, where visitors can learn about these large birds and even ride them. The Cango Caves, a network of spectacular limestone caves, is another popular attraction in the area. Oudtshoorn also offers opportunities for wildlife viewing, such as visiting the Cango Wildlife Ranch.
- Bloukrans River: The Bloukrans River Bridge is situated on the border between the Eastern Cape and Western Cape provinces along the Garden Route. While the Bloukrans River itself is a picturesque river in the region, it is most famous for the Bloukrans Bridge, which is home to one of the world’s highest commercial bungee jumps. Adventure seekers from around the world come here to experience the adrenaline rush of leaping off the bridge into the gorge below.
JENMAN African Safaris
JENMAN African Safaris is a tour operator based in Cape Town, South Africa. We pride ourselves on being one of the leading tour operators in Southern Africa, East Africa and Madagascar. Founded in 1993, we have grown at a steady pace and have achieved a reputation for reliability, safety, high levels of customer service and excellent value for money. We specialise in small-group set departures, tailor-made private guide safaris, self-drive and lodge safaris with excellent know-how and instant support for all our guests.
Contact Number for Jenman African Safaris:
Tel: +27 (0) 21 683 7826